Covid-19 Returns Terms and Conditions
In light of the Government restrictions that have been put in place during the national Covid-19 lockdown, we have had to make some temporary changes to our returns policy.
These changes will apply with immediate effect in addition to the Standard Terms and Conditions. Where there are any inconsistencies between these Covid-19 Returns Terms and Conditions, and our Standard Terms and Conditions, these Covid-19 Returns Terms and Conditions will apply specifically during the lockdown period.
- All non-restricted items logged for return during the national lockdown can be collected via courier
- For the avoidance of doubt, all returns logged for Restricted Items during the lockdown period will be collected and processed as per normal once the lockdown has concluded or the prohibition is lifted by the regulations.
- Shopcentre South Africa (Pty) Ltd. reserves the right to refuse any Covid-19 related products back for refunds or exchanges due to risk of cross contamination.
For products not sold on the website of Shopcentre South Africa and that are sourced for clients the following terms apply.
- Shopcentre South Africa does not take responsibility for damages and/ or loss of life/ property by use of these products.
- Shopcentre South Africa reserves the right to refuse refunds for products that were sourced.
- As these products are special orders no returns are allowed.
- The above mentioned terms also apply to all Covid-19 products that are sourced and are not sold on our website.
Standard Returns Policy
We want you to be happy with your purchase. If you are not completely satisfied, you can return the product to us within 7 working days after delivery and we will either repair/replace it, or credit your account, subject to the below terms.
This Policy forms part of the Shopcentre South Africa (Pty) Ltd Terms and Conditions, and so words defined in the Terms and Conditions have the same meaning in this Policy, unless the context indicates otherwise. Nothing in this Policy is intended to limit your statutory rights in any way.
Preparing your products for a return
To ensure your request is processed as quickly as possible you are responsible for the following when returning your products;
- Package your products safely and securely for protection during transit;
- Clearly mark your return reference number on the outside of the parcel; and
- Include all accessories and parts that were sold with the product.
- Returns and exchanges will only be accepted in a resealable condition and in original packaging with labels
- No returns and exchanges will be accepted if the garments have been altered, branded or changed in any way
- No returns will be accepted on sale items
- No returns on discontinued items will be accepted
Failure to adhere to any of these requirements could delay the processing of your request or result in its decline altogether.
1. Returning Products
Want to exchange?
Fashion and sportswear products can be exchanged for a different size or colour variation, provided that such variation is available and the product was not worn (only fitted). We will collect the product from you and deliver the requested product to you at a charge of R120.00. If such variation is not available, we will refund you if that is your preference within 10 working days.
We are entitled to inspect the product to validate your return.
Not what you ordered?
If we accidentally deliver the wrong product to you, or if the product is not as described on the Website, please notify us and we will collect the product from you at no charge. If the product is missing any accessories or parts, please notify us via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, within 7 working days from receipt of products. Once we have inspected the product and validated your return, we will deliver the correct product to you as soon as possible (if the correct product is available); or refund the product value within 10 working days. if no feedback is received withing 7 working days from enquiry launched, Shopcentre South Africa assumes that you are satisfied with the product received and the order is finalised.
2: Products damaged on delivery
Should a product be damaged or missing any parts or accessories at the time of delivery / collection, please notify us within 7 days of such delivery / collection by logging a return via email to email@example.com.
We will arrange to collect the product from you at no charge. Once we have inspected the product and validated your return, we will at your choice repair / replace the product as soon as possible (if such repair is possible/ we have the same product in stock to use as a replacement) or refund you if that is your preference.
3: Defective products
We do our best to ensure that the products we deliver to you are of a high quality, and in good working order and without defects.
What is a defect? A defect is a material imperfection in the manufacture of a product or any characteristic of a product, which makes the product less acceptable than one would reasonably be entitled to expect in the circumstances.
The following will NOT be regarded as defects and will not entitle you to a return under this section 3:
- faults resulting from normal wear and tear;
- damage arising from negligence, user abuse or incorrect usage of the product;
- damage arising from electrical surges or sea air corrosion;
- damage arising from a failure to adequately care for the product;
- damage arising from unauthorized alterations to the product;
- where the specifications of a product, although accurately described on the Website and generally fit for its intended purpose, do not suit you; and
- in relation to Unboxed Deals or used products, signs of handling and/or repackaging;
- broken or Dented Casings (physical abuse or misuse) ;
- burnt Items (incorrect environmental conditions);
- insect infestation;
- incorrect usage according to the user manual.;
- user induced damaged to printed circuit board assembly (tampering);
- warranty seals broken or tampered with;
- serial number labels removed damaged or defaced.
No Return / Exchanges Will Be Accepted After 7 Working Days From Delivery Date.
If you have received a product which turns out to be defective or otherwise of poor quality, excluding garments (save for direct warranty products which are discussed below), please notify us as soon as reasonably possible after you become aware of the defect or poor quality, but in any event within 6 months after delivery / collection of the product (except in the case of an extended supplier warranty, which is set out below).
You can do so by logging a return vie email to firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will arrange to collect the product from you at no charge. Once we have inspected the product and validated your return, we will at your choice repair / replace the product (if such repair is possible / we have the same product in stock to use as a replacement) or refund you if that is your preference. If the repair / replacement takes longer than 21 days, we will get in touch with you to see if you would rather receive a refund.
Where there is no extended supplier warranty period, unfortunately we cannot facilitate returns that fall outside of the 6 month period.
Extended Supplier Warranty (stipulated on product page)
A product may have a supplier warranty that extends beyond the 6 month Standard Warranty. If such a product turns out to be defective more than 6 months after delivery / collection (save for direct warranty products which are discussed below), please notify us as soon as reasonably possible after you become aware of the defect, but in any event within the extended supplier warranty period after delivery / collection of the product.
You can do so by logging a return via email to email@example.com, and we will facilitate your return of the product to the supplier at no charge. Unfortunately we cannot facilitate returns that fall outside of the extended supplier warranty period.
Please note that any extended supplier warranty is subject to whatever terms and conditions the supplier or manufacturer may impose. These are usually stated in a brochure or leaflet inside or on the product packaging. It is your responsibility to make yourself aware of any such terms and conditions.
It is also important to note that it will be in the supplier or manufacturer’s discretion what remedy it can offer you. Shopcentre South Africa (Pty) Ltd is under no obligation to provide you with a credit, repair / replacement, as your remedy lies with the supplier or manufacturer. However, since we want your experience to be as good as possible, if the supplier or manufacturer has offered you a repair / replacement within the applicable extended supplier warranty and it takes longer than 21 days, we will get in touch with you to see if you would rather receive a refund directly from us.
Direct Warranty (stipulated on product page)
A direct warranty product is a product for which the relevant manufacturer wishes to manage defective returns itself, directly with the customer, and not through Shopcentre South Africa (Pty) Ltd. Some examples include Dell, Nespresso, Xbox and PlayStation products.
If a direct warranty product turns out to be defective or otherwise of poor quality, please notify us and we will provide you with the relevant manufacturer’s contact details. Alternatively, you can notify the relevant manufacturer directly if you already have its details. The relevant manufacturer will then assist you further, but if you have any difficulty, please let us know and we will be happy to assist you where we can.
Damaged or defective Large Appliances items can be returned within 7 days in accordance with our returns policy. In the event of a refund, it will be done by Shopcentre South Africa (Pty) Ltd. Our Customer Service Team will provide you with the supplier details when you as customer lodges the problem.
Other than this, the same limits and general principles of the standard warranty and extended supplier warranty apply to direct warranty products.
4: Gift Vouchers
There is one type of coupon: Coupon with a fixed amount of a discount, e.g. R100 off (“Fixed Coupon”)
Where you have used a Fixed Coupon to pay for an order, and you or Shopcentre South Africa (Pty) Ltd later cancels your order (or part thereof) prior to delivery of the relevant product(s), or you log a return of one or more products for a credit in accordance with the Returns Policy, the value of the Fixed Coupon will be deducted off the purchase price of the cancelled or returned product(s) (as applicable), and we will refund you. We will also provide you with a replacement Fixed Coupon of the same value as the original Fixed Coupon used. Shopcentre South Africa (Pty) Ltd may in its sole discretion impose restrictions on the use of the replacement Fixed Coupon. For any subsequent cancellations or returns arising out of the same order, we will refund to your your account as normal with the value of the returned product.
Wherever you have used a Gift Voucher to purchase a product that you later return for a refund in accordance with the Policy, we cannot refund you in cash for that portion of the purchase price which you paid using the Gift Voucher.
There are two types of bundles: a bundle consisting of products that either we or you (as provided on our website) have combined together in a single bundle (“Bundle Deal“); or a bundle compiled by our supplier and supplied to us as a single unit (“Pre-packed Bundle“). All returns relating to bundles are subject to the terms of this Policy as read with the following provisions:
- Bundle Deal – You may return a Bundle Deal as a whole or any of its component products individually to us. If you qualify for a credit in respect of any component product, we will refund your account with the actual purchase price (after applying any applicable saving or discount) you paid for such a product as displayed in your order history.
- Pre-packed Bundle – Unless otherwise indicated by us, your return of a Pre-packed Bundle will only be accepted if you return all of its component products to us. Failure to do so may result in us declining the return of a Pre-packed Bundle.
6: Charges and refunds
If you return a defective product to us, but you fail to return all of the accessories and parts that were sold with that product, we are entitled to (subject to applicable law) refuse the return, or only to replace the item that you did return; or to estimate the value of the missing accessories and parts and to credit or refund you in respect of the returned item only.
If you return a product that does not comply with this Policy, you may be liable to reimburse Shopcentre South Africa (Pty) Ltd for the cost of collecting the product from you and the cost of having the product returned to you.
Please note that we only refund the payment method that you originally used except for circumstances approved by Shopcentre South Africa (Pty) Ltd. management – i.e. payment by credit card will be refunded to the same credit card, payment by Instant EFT will be refunded to your nominated bank account. Shopcentre South Africa (Pty) Ltd has 7 - 14 (five to fourteen) working days to refund after you (the client) has been notified that a refund will be processed.
In the event that a product needs to be collected, your refund will only be processed after the product has been collected and evaluated.
(LAST UPDATED 20 JANUARY 2022)